I will be at WPC 2016 in person with the Landis Technologies Team (Landis Technologies & Attendant Pro Booth 542!) and will update this post with my notes & news.
Some of My Comments About WPC16 on Periscope: Video/Requires Chrome
Useless Trivia: Q. Who wrote the Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant console (now out of mainstream support) software? A. In a meeting with one of our European Attendant Pro partners who has been supporting Skype for Business since LCS days noted that the original Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant console was written by a company called Media-Stream.com AG. The Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant does not work with Office 365.
The Landis Technologies Attendant Pro Team on the Keynote Big Screen: Informative & Fun Keynotes
I took a quick look at the Logitech c925e with Logitech's Scott Kushel
A couple differences from the c930.
- 78 degrees lens (instead of 90)
- Built in security cover
- Approx. $30 lower cost than the c930
- Not a Carl Zeiss lens
-Zig Serafin Announces Skype for Business Operations Framework: https://www.skypeoperationsframework.com
-Skype for Business Certified Apps Program Reopened
-What's New At Polycom Around Skype4B
Jeff Schertz, Peter Huboui & I talk about Polycom's refreshed #Skype4B UI on VVX & what's new at Polycom
Microsoft just introduced “Free Skype Meetings” but what exactly is it?
If you were thinking quick, adhoc meetings with any email address you might need to change some expectations. You do need what Microsoft calls a “business email address” AND you cannot already have an Office365 account previously associated with this email address.
So the prerequisites:
- No Office 365 currently (only those organizations who don’t already have Ofice 365 can use “Free Skype Meetings”)
- A “business email address” to sign up
From my quick review this seems to be what is included & how it works:
- Skype for Business limited meeting capability
- PowerPoint & Screen Sharing
- real-time audio & video conferencing (here)
- Personalized URL to join from any device
- 3 participants
- Requires Enterprise email address (Live/Outlook/Gmail address does not work)
- Requires Office 365 account
- 3 user/participant meetings (for 1st 90 days 10 participants)
To start one get your O365 account and browse to https://go.skype.com/meetings/
If you are trying to use an exisitng Office 365 account, you will get this…
So if your organization is new to Office365, you can get some limited Skype for Business Meeting functionality as a teaser. Enjoy Skype (for Business…limited) Meetings!
Attendant Pro June 2016 Update: Assistant, Segmented Contact Search, Search Exchange Public Folders & Multi-Monitor Support & More
- Related Contacts now displays the Exchange Assistant contact (using EWS/No Additional Servers)
- Segmented (pre filtered) Contact List Search (No Server Required)
- Limit search results to Office, Department or other criteria of your choice. (no IT intervention)
- Advanced Search: Exchange/EWS Public Folder Contact List(s) can now be a contact list search source (along w/Exchange GAL & CSV files)
- Pop Out “Contact Details” panel/s onto any monitor
- Have commonly used contacts pinned to any monitor for 1 click call or transfer access
Click Here to see the complete list: http://attendantpro.blogspot.com/2016/07/attendant-pro-june-2016-update.html
Ignore (if possible) my strange pronounciation of Meraki.
One thing to be aware of is that this phone is not meant to work with other Cisco IP phone systems or even to connect to your choice of standard SIP IP phone system but is the hardware for a hosted phone system with Meraki providing the management portal of a complete hosted phone solution.
- Entirely managed from the easy to use Meraki web portal
- Only Mute and volume hard buttons
- Wall mount included
- Very quality build as you would expect
- Cisco/Meraki guys said it not open, that is, you can’t load your own app
- 1GB switch built in
- has 2 USB ports