NOTE: This is totally my own brainstorm and creative (or not so creative) work and Microsoft has NEVER hinted they would produce such a device. This is just a mock up representation of a device I think would fill a need in some market sectors.
A while back I’ve “photo-shopped” this “wish list” device. Since I reference it in various discussions I thought I would post it for your consideration (and if you hate it, humor).
The codename/series name “Bridge” was selected because this device assists “the powerful few” in an org who are very set on having a “PBX desk phone experience” in “Bridging” to UC experience. ;-)
A couple things about this design:
- dedicated hold and transfer, pickup and hangup buttons
- The screen on the right is populated by Lync Contact Photo and details
- The contact buttons would mirror Lync presence colors
- Buttons could be contacts, Phone numbers, Overhead paging Units etc.
- The buttons could be assigned by end user on the phone or by putting a contact in a Lync Group called “Phone Buttons”
- Support for USB/Bluetooth devices directly (similar to polycom VVX/snom 7xx support)
Currently the closest thing to this concept is the Lync Qualified snom 720 and 760. For more information click here.
What do you think, would you have use for such a device? Please vote on the poll to the right to give your feedback.
Okay so much for creative (or not so creative, depending on your view) Have a great day!
ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS JUST BRAINSTORMING FUN. ENJOY.