Today pbxnsip announced that they are releasing pbxnsip version 4.0 out of Beta. pbxnsip noted that they are adding many features and 500 pages of documentation for this release. There is a 30 page pdf exploring the new features that include:
- Web-based Attendent Console
- New Fresh User Interface
- Context Sensitive Help
- Automatic IP Blacklisting (security)
- Much Finer User Portal Security Granularity
- Send CDR's Via Email
- Even More PBX Event Email Notifications
- More PBX Status Graphs & Information
- Pin Authentication For Each Dial Plan
- CMC Authentication Code
- Even Better Mobile Phone Support
- More Granular Extension Permissions
- Real Time Call Quality Reporting/ QOS CDR
- Standard Presence Server Added (use presence with standard SIP clients)
- much more...
pbxnsip v4.0 builds many new features on it's already very solid feature set of version 3.4.
My experience is that version pbxnsip 3.4 is extremely solid in day to day operations. Our experience is that pbxnsip is the set-and-forget level you would expect from a enterprise level phone system--event running on Windows. pbxnsip is a professional level PBX.
To download the new version of the pbx, manual or new features pdf click here.