It looks like our beloved Lync Conference will be rolled into a huge, unified technology event the week of May 4-8, 2015 in Chicago. This whopping tech conference will combine:
- SharePoint Conference
- Lync Conference
- Exchange Conference
- Project Conference
- TechEd North America
Think About: How to Make Sub-Conferences Better Together?
No one likes change, but the reality is that in May 2015 this is what is going to happen. What can we do to make the best of it? Actually this is the question Microsoft is looking for input on as well!
- How can we preserve the benefits of the smaller events combined in the big event?
- Are there actual benefits of the bigger event we can leverage?
- What can MVP & others do to make the event better?
If you have any ideas your welcome to comment or interact on twitter.
Since there will be others to take care of the Cons, I'll list some of the benefits that come to mind:
- Attendees will get to "TechEd-SharePoint-Lync-MEC-Project" Conference(s)!
- The answer to all the "Will you be at X Microsoft Conference" is…YES! (If you make it to MUTEE that is)
- Maybe all attendees will get some cool new Microsoft gadget?
- You will get a chance to visit the crazy Willis Tower glass Ledge click here
- A much wider audience reach
Q. Will this conference replace other conferences?
A. Yes, according to…
- "Microsoft say it replaces TechEd (I asked)" –Mary Joe Foley (Source: Mary Jo Foley)
- "To be clear, TechEd lives on. This event will be a part of TechEd." –Steve Guggenheimer Click Here
- Maybe a better way to say it is that all the conferences will continue as a new combined conference?
Q. TechEd NA 2014 was 5 Days and "MUTEE" 2015 will be 5 Days, How will this be more than TechEd?
A. Perhaps the "Epic after-hour festivities…" noted by Julia White? click here Okay, seriously, it sounds like the intent is to bring more firepower to a "TechEd like" event. Or to quote Jamie Stark "much more than…a track & booth" click here
Q. How many attendees are anticipated at "MUTEE" 2015?
A. ChooseChicago.com lists attendees as 20,000. Click Here For a comparison, TechEd NA 2014 was approximately 8,000 according to WindowsITPro. Click Here
Q. What will that actual name of the event be?
A. According to Rod Trent of WindowsITPro, "Unified Technology Event for Enterprises" is an interim/informal name. Previously there was Microsoft communication that there would not be a conference named "TechEd", but more recent Microsoft communication, according to Petri.com, seems to have softened that to: "...can't confirm specifics on whether the event in May 2015 will be called 'TechEd' but I'll have more to share on the naming in the coming months." Click here
It seems Microsoft is taking the "Unified" theme very seriously.
Save the date https://twitter.com/TechEd_NA/status/491236409022619648