I will be at Microsoft Ignite [IN PERSON] and will be covering all things Skype for Business. Let’s talk! I will be assisting the Attendant Pro team at booth #415.
Bookmark his page as it will be continuously updated.
Some Ignite Links
Some things to not miss:
- On Demand MSIgnite Session Videos: click here
- See #Skype4B Social Buzz Tweetwall http://skype4b.tweetwall.com/
- Thursday 10AM @ Expo Hall: The UC Architects Live Podcast Recording w/Jamie Stark Here
- Easy navigation to this page: http://bit.ly/mattignite15
New Microsoft Announcements/News Around Skype for Business
Some official Skype4B related announcements:
- Skype for Business Broadcasting Officially Announced: Click Here
- Broadcast to up to 10,000 users
- Skype for Business for Mac will be Delivered by End of this Calendar Year: Click Here
- This a brand new client from ground up Click Here
- “Skype for Business In-call co-authoring will make it easy for multiple people to work together on a single document right in a meeting.” Click Here
- Data Leakage Protection Coming to Skype for Business Q3
Interesting Skype for Business Vendor Announcements
Below are some items from vendors that caught my eye:
- Panacast looks interesting: 200 degree video camera that vendor notes works with Lync/Skype4B click here
Quick Look at Some New Features
Skype for Business Co-Authoring (Prerelease)
all photos via MSIgnite session “Overview of Skype for Business” around 11:05
Now Skype4B will open OneDrive and when the user selects a file, the Permissions will be set based on Skype4B participants in the meeting.
The file now loads on all the participants machines. Also, those participating in the coauthor session will have a “Call Monitor” window with some new options like IM and a Skype4B button that lets them move and close the “Call Monitor” window. (below)
For scheduled meetings you can attach documents that will load on user machines when they join the meeting.