Note: The noted firmware is NOT Microsoft Qualified or certified.
Note: The below is a summary of perusing Polycom PDF documents and is not 1st hand testing.
Polycom just announced that they are attempting to make select models Lync enabled and from a little browsing of documents I’d say they have some audacious goals. They have announced a firmware upgrade who’s goal is to make various Polycom phone models Lync interoperable.
- According to Polycom, various Polycom deskphone models become Lync interoperable directly with firmware upgrade (no gateway or extra server required)
- Firmware required: Polycom UC Software 4.0.1 or later
- pg2 Licenses Required: No licenses required.
- pg10 Appears to support G722 HD codec for audio
- pg17 Appear Polycom VVW 1500 Supports direct video
Below are features that Polycom notes are implemented with Polycom UC software 4.0.1 or later:
- Place and answer calls
- Hold and resume multiple calls
- Transfer calls
- Set up conference calls
- Forward incoming calls to other users
- Access your contact directory
- Work with call lists
- Access voicemail
- Set your presence status
- Manage your Microsoft Lync contacts (called buddies)
- Send and receive instant messages (on SpectraLink 8400 Series wireless handsets only)
Features Polycom notes are not implemented:
- pg16 Shared Line Appearance does NOT work with Lync using UC Software 4.0.1
- pg16 “…cannot initiate a MS Lync hosted conference call.”
Features Polycom notes are not currently available: Source: click here, slide 11
- Branch Office
- remote Worker (ice/ston/turn)
Screenshots of SoundPoint from Polycom documentation:
According to this page (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg278172) apparently this firmware has not gone through the Lync Qualified certification yet. Update: Verified, FW is not certified or qualified with Microsoft. Polycom notes they are working on this. ( source, slide 11)
Thanks Randy Wintle @UCmadeeasy for the URL