Some interesting features snom 370 brings to the Microsoft Lync eco system:
- 12 freely programmable buttons (typically 2 or so are used for “Lines”/”Calls”)
- Greyscale, tilt able display
- (I’ve heard some complaints about Lync Phone Edition tilt angles)
- Attendant console functionality using Expansion Module available so your receptionist can have up to 138 buttons.
- The math above is that there are 12 buttons built in the phone plus 3 Expansion Modules with 42 buttons on each.
Some features that all snom UC Edition devices bring to Lync:
- Ability to set your presence from the desk phone device
- Physical buttons & lights that display other Lync user’s presence Click Here
Below is a snom 370 with 3 Expansion Modules:
Note: The snom 370 does NOT integrate via USB to the Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant client. The presumption is that you are selecting a desk phone attendant scenario if using this phone.
UPDATE 3/22/2012 : The snom 370 is now on the Lync Official IP Deskphone page: