snom is releasing a new UC Edition (Lync) firmware 18.104.22.168 BETA for partners, customers and system integrators to test.
This release has some sizeable new features:
- Native Software Updates (manage firmware update from Lync Server like native devices)
- PIN Based Sign In
- Call Parking
- SBA Support (Survivable Branch Appliance)
- DNS NLB Support (Click Here)
- Music On Hold (configured via Lync powershell)
- Boss/Admin Functionality
- Assign Lync Contacts to Phone Buttons from the Contact List
- Asian language support on snom 821
FEATURE: Call Park and Unpark from Desk Phone
FEATURE: Assign Lync Contacts to Buttons Right on the Phone
When on a Lync contact select “Fkeys” to assign one.
Select Button/Fkey on the Phone you want to assign this key to….
Select the Function.
FEATURE: Contact/BLF Buttons Now Labeled
The contact name and presence state labels the buttons.
FEATURE: Music On Hold from IP Phone
MOH seems pretty straight forward, just use standard Lync powershell (CSClientPolicy) to enable music on hold.
Note: Limitation in this Version: Replacing the media file on the device with a custom file is not possible
FEATURE: Managing Firmware Updates from Lync Server 2010
(I suspect for anyone that used snomtastic the below screenshot is a welcome sight. )
This is not a complete list of new features, but just some features I called out. I did not test features and Please note this is BETA FW, but if you want to test it out, get your snom login and head over to the snom user portal.
NOTE: You do need a partner, customer or integrator login to access this BETA firmware.
Other Blog Posts About snom UC Edition:
- Lync Presence on snom Buttons: Click Here
- Lync Feature Screenshots Details in snom UC Edition: Click Here