Just noticed this little tray app that brings Call Pickup (and some other features) to Microsoft Lync. It seems to work just as billed.
- It will pickup Response Group and calls directly to a Lync user (if a lync user is ringing, it seems it can Call Pick it)
- Person doing the call pickup cannot have DND set
- The FonComfort trayapp must be running on both parties PC
- You must initiate the call pickup from Lync 2010, but you can answer the resulting call to yourself from Lync 2010 or an IP phone
- By default Lync does not have a “Ringing” presence state indicated, but FonComfort includes instructions to add this so you can pickup calls even without physically hearing the ring
- Restart Lync 2010 and FonComfort before trying to use
There is a time limited demo you can try out immediately, check the URL below.
You may also want to look at some other vendors bringing Call Pickup to Lync:
Source: Thanks for heads up Jurgen De Greyt.