Lync updates are now being delivered with Office 2013 updates.
Where is the September Update?
NOTE 9/14/2013: The Office September update was released and then due to some bugs was pulled back again. If you have Office 365 click2run this update is still available. Otherwise the update should be re-released in a few weeks. (a 3rd option is if you have it on a WSUS server . See Flinchbot for more notes on Sept update/pullback: Click Here)
LATEST UPDATE 9/21/2013: The September 2013 Update Download is now available here: Click Here
The September 2013 update will update Lync PC client to version 15.0.4535.1002.
- Spell Checker
- and yes, three is an option to turn it on or off!
- Ability to Paste Unformatted (courtesy Tom Arbuthnot Click Here)
- Web User Picture (Lyncdup: Click Here )
Ability to turn off Check spelling is VERY welcome:
I notice that if “Check Spelling as I type” is turned off, spell check functionality is not even in the right click menu. (below)
- Tray icon shows your presence state (as it did in previous versions) click here
- Bug: sometimes ctrl+tab to switch conversations didn't work
- Assume that you zoom the text in the instant message input area in Lync 2013 to a value greater than or less than 100 percent. When you type some text in the instant message area, the zoom setting is not applied to the typed text.
- When you share content in Lync 2013, there is a persistent white bar at the bottom of the screen. For example, this issue can occur when you share a PowerPoint presentation and start a Q&A session.
Things This Update Breaks
- Lync presence not updating based on Free/Busy (Courtesy Doug Deitterick Click Here)
The September 2013 Update Download is now available here: Click Here